Sunday, June 2, 2013

Ice Cream Bread! (+) recipe

Wtf, ice cream bread???  Haha that was my first reaction when I stumbled upon the recipe.  I never thought of baking ice cream before, but I guess it is just like milk/eggs...

But still, bread made from ice cream!



RECIPE:

Mix ice cream (1 cup) & self-rising flour (3/4 cup) together. 

If you don't have self-rising flour.... you'll never be able to make ice cream bread.

Just kidding hehe.  Quick fix:
"As a substitute for self-rising flour, place 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to measure 3/4 cup."



Until it turns into a dough-y mixture...



Then bake 350° for 30 min (or until the toothpick is clean, you know the drill!)

And viola, final product:



Looks like a pretty nice loaf of bread huh?  No one would ever guess that it's made from ice cream!

The crust was my favorite part, since it was actually nice and crispy!  The bread itself was kind of like a dense cake, but that may be because I used low-fat ice cream (against the advice of the recipe people).  It also was not that sweet, which some may like, but I would probably add sugar or honey next time, or even some chocolate chips!

I definitely recommend trying this recipe out because it's just SO CRAZY!  GO GO GO!

xoxo cathy.

1 comment:

Marrien said...

wow! I bet that is delish :)

I'll try that one soon. Thanks for sharing!

xoxo,
babbledoll
http://iambabbledoll.blogspot.com